The Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía is the leading entity in the European project under the Erasmus+ DIWO Do It With Others, Do It With Opera programme.
DIWO is the first European programme, inspired by the educational project LÓVA (The Opera as a Vehicle for Learning), which provides the tools necessary for education centres to create their own opera. This project is the medium that allows seven education centres from five European Union countries to design, produce and perform an opera coordinated by the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía in close collaboration with the Regional Department of Education, Culture and Sport through the CEFIRE Xàtiva (Valencia).
The main aim of DIWO is to bring the world of opera closer to the educational community, generate an experience of cross-cutting and unique learning, while kindling a special attraction for the development and acquisition of skills by students. A total of 200 students and 35 teachers that belong to the different partners will take part in this project.
In addition, its structure, with a duration of 24 months, complies with the aims set by the European Union’s Erasmus+ programme: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/programme-guide/part-a/objectives-and-important-features/general-objective_es
Together with the Palau de Les Arts Reina Sofía, www.lesarts.com, the body that coordinates and heads up this project, the other participating partners are:
- The Regional Department of Education, Culture and Sport. Spain. Represented by the CEFIRE XÀTIVA. http://www.ceice.gva.es
- 4th Lyceum of Katerini. Greece. http://4lyk-kater.pie.sch.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=213&Itemid=87
- 31 Demotiko Scholio Thessaloniki. Greece. http://31dimotiko.blogspot.com/
- Schole LDA Project. Portugal. http://www.schole.pt/
- Verge del Pilar Nursery and Primary School. Spain.
- Özel Sancaktepe Teknoloji ve Insan Koleji Lisesi. https://www.tinkturkiye.com/