Its sweeping architectural style, complex engineering, and state of the art technology are just some features of what makes this 21st Century artistic space stand out in its mission to enhance art and culture while bringing them closer to the public.The Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía, a majestic structure designed by the Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava, should be seen as an impressive monument, a vast sculpture with great symbolic meaning. Since opening on 8th October 2005, the building has become an international point of reference synonymous with the Comunitat Valenciana.
This stunning building, which measures more than 40,000 square meters in size, has four distinct venues for opera, dance performances, recitals and theatre productions.
The guided tour of this majestic space not only includes a visit to each of the four venues, but also a walk around the exterior of the building with its panoramic lifts and terrace and garden areas located high up on both sides of the Palau.
This concert hall, which seats 1,412, principally serves as an opera house, but it is also used for ballet and other types of performances.
With a seating capacity of 1,490 people, this Auditorium is equipped with advanced sound, cinema, and video installations.
AULA MAGISTRAL (Maestros' Hall)
This more intimate space, which can seat up to 378 people, is especially designed for performances by small music ensembles and is also used for recitals, conferences, and educational events.
TEATRE MARTÍN I SOLER (Martín i Soler Theatre)
This theatre, located next to the Palau de les Arts, forms the south-west boundary of the complex. With a seating capacity of 400 people, the backstage installations and orchestra pit of this intimate space are perfect for small and medium format opera performances.
Sala Principal (Main Hall)
Aula Magistral (Maestro's Hall)
Teatre Martín i Soler (Martín i Soler Theatre)
Routes may vary in accordance with the availability of the venues on the day of the visit
-Guided tours. Tickets sold directly at the Box-Office (no reservation required):
Monday to Sunday at 11:30 am and at 1:00 pm
-Advanced booking for organised groups: time to be agreed. See 'Bookings and Payment' point.
- General visit: € 8.00
- Retired people: € 6.00 per person
- Group visits of more than 20 people: € 6.00
- School visits: € 4.00
- School visits within didactic activities: € 2.00
DURATION OF VISITS
60 minutes approximately.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
- Bookings for organised groups can be made at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling at +34 96 197 58 04 / 96 197 58 03
- Payments will be made in cash or by bank transfer. Credit card payments are not accepted.
- Payments made by bank transfer must be carried out 48 hours prior to the visit, otherwise it will be cancelled.
1. When formalising bookings, it will be necessary to provide the following information:
-Contact telephone number
-Tax Code (CIF) (in the case of companies or associations)
2. All visitors will be informed about the meeting point.
3. When applicable, it is advisable to inform about any disability.
4. Due to the Palau de les Arts' activity, visitors are reminded that routes may vary in accordance with the availablility of the venues on the day of the visit.
5. Prior booking is required for group visits.